Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Artist Watch: LOS



In our third installment of the Artist Watch series, we bring you LOS. Unlike our previous two artists in the series (XV, J. Cole), it's going to take a lot for LOS to blow up. He's got mad talent, but he recently decided to part ways with Diddy's Bad Boy label in order to take the independent route.

LOS has a similar flow to Wayne, with plenty of punchlines to go around. Check some of these songs to see what I mean.

Los: Say Yeah (Freestyle)

This blows Wiz Khalifa's original out of the water.
"Now I'm about to Philip / fill up banks like I'm the Fresh Prince"



Los: A Milli (Freestyle)

Some sick flow on this joint.
"I'm so out of this world, I make telescopes squint"
"If we beef, and bring your armor 'for I knock a pothole out you, take that beef, bring some shells, make a f*ckin' taco out you"



Los: It's Me (Freestyle)

And this, this is just ridiculous.

"Frat whore, frat whore, the b*tch was a frat whore
The basketball team tapped that like a backboard
Frat whore, frat whore, she loved Iota
So she gave me head first
Then I told her I owed her
Then I told her bye bye now, see ya soon
B*tch I'm so fly I gotta look down to see the moon
Contrary to what he, or she assume
you still feel my swag in the air when I leave the room
B*tches still feel the dick in her when I leave the womb"



That being said, as cool as these tracks are, they're all freestyles. The dude has no stand out originals, and even when there is some potential on the verses, the hooks are weak.

LOS, if you're reading this, which I know you are, my suggestion to you is to get into contact with some dudes like Colin Munroe, Robin Thicke, etc. and get a real solid hook, and then just do your thang on the verses. THEN you might have something.

Download:

0 comments:

Post a Comment